Lost siblings find each other, mom after 13 yrs – Times of India

get me update


AGRA: It could well have been a heart-wrenching movie script with a beautiful, happy ending. Separated 13 years ago from their mother – and each other – at the Meerut railway station, siblings Rakhi and Babloo are set to reunite with their parent Neetu Kumari.
Rakhi – who is 22 now and works in a Gurgaon mall – in fact met her brother, 19, employed with a private firm in Bangalore, only in October last year.”Imagine, I was nine years old and he just six at the time,” she told TOI over phone on Wednesday. “It’s like we are dreaming.”
It was after the siblings met a year ago through social media that they made it their mission to find their lost mother. One thing led to another. And then the call came. Their mother had been located.
After they had separated at the Meerut railway station, little Babloo ended up in a Lucknow government children’s home, while Rakhi found herself in a Noida shelter.
Kumari, a 48-year-old single mother from Bilasganj, Agra, had reported on June 16, 2010 that her two children were missing. Hopeful but anxious, she made countless trips to various police stations and officials over the years, armed with passport-sized photos of Babloo and Rakhi. “I lived on hope. If not the authorities, God would hear my prayers I told myself,” said Neetu.
Babloo, who has been scanning the internet, pouring through “lost and found” websites and case studies for a while, chanced upon an article that talked about child rights activist Naresh Paras from Agra. He called up Paras last week but there was little information to proceed with.
To compound matters, records had mistakenly mentioned Bilaspur (in Chhattisgarh) instead of Bilasganj in Agra. There was no mention of any state. Paras called up police stations in Bilaspur but none reported the missing incident from 2010.
At his wit’s end, Paras then asked Babloo if he remembered anything at all about the time when he was with his mother just before he lost her. Babloo told Paras that he had stared in fascination at an “old railway engine”. Paras researched vintage rail engines and found a mention of one that was kept at the Agra Cantt station. That was a big clue.
“We’d almost lost hope again,” Paras said. “But Babloo’s memory about the train engine helped. We reached out to the police in Agra and found out that there was indeed a missing complaint about the family registered at Jagdishpura police station here.”
As if that was not enough, Neetu had long moved out of her old address and was living with her mother somewhere else. Finally, after multiple enquiries, they tracked her down to Shahganj locality.
When Paras organised a video call with all three of them, the children recognised their mother after she showed them the distinct mark on her neck. It was easier for Neetu though. “A mother always knows,” she said. “Finally, I will be hugging my children. God has fulfilled my wish, and I am beyond words.”


Share This Article
Leave a comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *