PM Narendra Modi will flag off the first two new Amrit Bharat Express trains by Indian Railways on December 30. While the first train will run between Anand Vihar in Delhi to Darbhanga in Bihar via Ayodhya, the second train will be between Malda and Bengaluru.
Amrit Bharat Express: Fare structure of new train
The minimum fare for travelling on the Amrit Bharat Express trains for a distance of up to Rs 50 kilometres is Rs 35 for the second class coach and Rs 46 for sleeper coach. The minimum fare for distances up to 5000 kilometres will be Rs 933 for second class and Rs 1469 for sleeper class. This fare is exclusive of reservation fee, supplementary charge for Superfast trains, Goods and Service Tax (GST) etc. which will be levied additionally.
Some of the noteworthy points in the Railway Board’s circular to zonal railways is:
- Other charges like superfast surcharge, reservation fee, etc as applicable shall be levied separately.
- Concessional tickets, tickets against free complimentary passes which are not reimbursed shall not be admissible in this train.
- Rounding of of fare shall be made as per existing principle
- Normal child fare rules shall apply.
- The eligibility of Privilege Pass/PTOs/Duty Pass ect for Railway employees shall be at par with eligibility in Mail/Express.
- Defence warrants, Paramilitary warrants which have fully reimbursable fare will be eligible for exchange as per the actual fare.
- Refund rules: Normal cancellation and refund rules shall apply.
About Amrit Bharat Express
Amrit Bharat Express trains are expected to usher in a new era of train travel for the aam aadmi who travels by non-AC coaches. The new train, which will run using the push-pull technology, will have a maximum permissible speed of 130 kmph. The push-pull technology, enabled by a WAP5 6,000 HP locomotive at each end of the train will enable faster acceleration and deceleration, hence reducing the travel time.
Amrit Bharat Express trains will have 22 coaches; 12 sleeper coaches, 8 general second class coaches, and 2 guard compartments.